Friday, May 13, 2011

Only 7 days left!










So, it's friday night and I am 7 days away from stage. We are actually talking days now not weeks anymore, wow! Next week at this time I will be sitting in my hotel room with Brandy, Deb and my coach Jeni, trying to focus and relax. Wow, I can't believe the time is here for the final lean down and water load. Tomorrow it is time for serious business. No more diet pop, sugar free gum or protein powder. Clean and natural foods only. Water loading starts tomorrow as well. ( meaning drink water, more water and even more water). The diet will get a bit rougher by wednesday, no more sodium whatsoever. No salt, pepper any spices, plain and simple chicken, beans and asparagus, oatmeal and sweet potatoes are my options. I fly out thursday morning from Calgary into Kelowna,BC. I already started packing my suitcase....there are so many things to remember, i decided to start packing tonight so I won't forget the important things. What's in my suitcase? Here a little sample list:
sheets, pillow case, towels ( cause of the tan lotion you don't wanna mess up the once in the hotel room),  asparagus, green beans, elastic workout rubber bands, running shoes, underwear, lashes, make up, all my vitamin packs, gloves to put the lotion on, chocolate covered almonds ( mmmhhh....for pre stage pump up), a bottle of diet coke ( suppose to help if cramping in the muscles), extra costume attachments, cloths, plain almonds, and way more to go.....I still have a list of things to add into it. In my carry on I def. will take my suit, costume and high heels, my routine music cd's and I can't forget my cooler with my 93 oz of chicken breast and my 6oz steak...all pre cooked and has to get heated up in the microwave at the hotel...yikes! The food has to stay close to me, cause thats the most important piece of luggage right along with the suits and the routine music!!!!!
My moods these days are going up and down like a roller coaster. People now notice I am looking exhausted, tired and irritated. My husband Ken just said the other night to me: I see you in 4 weeks....glad to have you back than! WOW, hard words, but true words. I am anything BUT a wife or perfect mom these past 8 weeks. My focus is completely directed to my competition and my physique. I am looking forward to relax after the show for a while and to spend more time with my family. I am glad I have someone around me, who is trying to support me as good as it gets, especially with my bitchiness.  On mothers day, my husband and daughter took me out for a breakfast brunch (buffet style). He wanted me to go to the food section to make Ava ( my child) a plate with food....I just gave him a dirty look and asked him if was kidding? I told him he can't do that, cause the food is screaming out for me to eat it and if he couldn't be more supportive and take her along with him and leave me behind with my "own prepared-brought protein pancakes". His EXACT reply: Seriously Schatz? No f'n person held a gun on your head and told you to do this diet....so take your daughter and get her some flippin' food- dont' let it out on  us!" Wow...call that an eye opener and a honest opinion. I did go, bit my lips, tried not to breathe, so I wouldn't inhale the smell of the food and concentrated on NOT breaking out into tears! Now, since it's 1 week left until show, I am happy I never did touch the food. I tell myself every morning when my alarm goes off at 4:30am and when I do not feel like getting up, Di get your ass out of bed, cause the girl on the stage beside you did! Or when I want peanut butter so bad- I have to remind myself of the girls up on stage, that they haven't put their fingers into the jar and you can tell on their figures! I can't wait to have my peanut butter sandwich after the show....HEAVEN....it will be HEAVEN!
Have a great night and I will keep posting this week everyday about my workouts, diet and general things!


No comments:

Post a Comment