Friday, February 25, 2011

Positive vs negative response to my physique

So, since I published my "first"bikini pic's I had only 2 different kind of responses...good and bad, no in between. Usually men are the once, who are NOT so impressed about my physique. I had a few comments about, Hey Diana, what are you doing to your body? Or, well, I prefer the feminine look on a woman and the other one is "too much for my taste". In all respect, I appreciate the pros and cons of every comment, but I also would appreciate, if they at least give me the credit for the athlete aspect behind it. Why is that, when we watch sports like, swimming, skiing, gymnastics you name it and we are looking up to those people and say WOW what a great win, but when it comes to fitness figure or bodybuilding, we judge (especially women) about their "harsh" look...skiers have big legs? How about those super thin gymnastic girls, their shoulders and back is extremely muscular....but nobody cares in that field, everybody just simply claps their hands and thinks great back flip or fantastic slope jump! I honestly respect everybody's perspective about woman and muscles but come on, when I wear my jeans and a shirt you would have no idea what field i am training for and even if....i love what I am doing and I wish people can just simply give me credit for it.
I know this is not for everybody, so is soccer, volleyball or tennis.
Right now I am leaning down for the show, so I am still 11 weeks out and I will look a bit more muscular than right now, just cause thats what the diet and the training does to you. When you start to take the water pills and when you quit drinking liquids 24hrs prior to show you pretty much look like you have nothing than skin and muscles on you...thats the purpose in this competition.
To do a fitness comp. takes a lot more than just trying to stay lean for at least 20 weeks and working your butt off in the gym by lifting weights, it also takes a lot of time to increase flexibility and balance. I am training 3-4 times a weeks for my strength holds and stretching everyday for 20-35 min is the def. a must! Also, do I have to make sure my routine part ( the part where you dance and perform) is perfect....I WANT IT TO BE 100% perfect! It takes a lot of time to get the moves into a 90 second song and try to pretend you are not only a fitness girl but also an actress on stage to pull it off perfect! Also, should I mention the amount of injuries coming along with it. Not only does weight training cost some kind of pulled muscles once in a while, there are enough parts in the routine where you can hurt yourself quite bad! Anyways, bottom line, I respect every comment about me and my journey....good or bad, I actually think the "bad" once about me and gaining a bit too much muscles mass, is showing me that I finally look the way I want to look like...strong, fit and lean!

No comments:

Post a Comment